In order to embed an image into a maze via the Upload image option, your browser needs to be able to browse images stored locally on your computer.
If you're using Chrome on macOS, you need to explicitly grant Chrome permission to access your files. Otherwise, it won't be able to browse images.
If that permission is missing, Chrome will silently block the file browser from appearing when you click Upload image to try and embed an image.
Occasionally, Chrome will lose this permission due to system or browser updates. When that happens, you'll need to re-grant Chrome this permission.
To solve this, you'll need to do the following in macOS:
- Open the Apple menu () in the top left corner of the menu bar.
- Open the System Preferences.
- Open Security & Privacy.
- Scroll down in the left panel and click Full Disk Access.
- Make sure that
Google Chrome.appis visible in the list of apps on the right, and that it's checked as seen below:
- If it is listed but isn't checked, click the padlock icon in the lower left to unlock the panel and then check the app.
- If it isn't listed at all, click the padlock icon in the lower left to unlock the pane, then click the + icon to browse for Google Chrome and add it to the list.
- After making sure
Google Chrome.appis listed and checked, you'll need to restart Chrome and then the problem should be fixed.