The Maze plugin in Figma makes it faster and more reliable to import very large Figma files into Maze.
- Users on all plans can install and use the Maze plugin in Figma.
- You must have an Editor role in your Figma team in order to access the plugin.
- We recommend running the plugin in the Figma desktop app, rather than the web version.
When should I use the plugin?
Use the Maze plugin in Figma to import large files, especially if they take a long time or fail to import.
After importing a Figma file, there isn’t a difference in functionality depending on the import method (i.e. between the regular import or the import using the plugin).
How to install the Maze plugin in Figma
To install the plugin:
- Open the Maze plugin page in Figma community. Alternatively, open Figma > Plugins > Find more plugins… and search for
- Click Try it out.
Why can't I find the plugin?
If your Figma organization has plugin approval enabled, an admin must approve the Maze plugin before you can install it.
How to import files using the plugin
To import files using the plugin:
- Open the maze where you want to use the Figma prototype.
- Follow the steps to add a Figma prototype.
- Paste your Figma link and click Import with plugin.
- Click Copy plugin link.
- Open your Figma file and run the Maze plugin.
- Paste the secure plugin link you copied in Step 4 (e.g.
https://maze-prototypes.maze.co/import/figma-plugin/...) and click Next.You must click the Copy plugin link button mentioned in Step 4. Your regular maze share link won't work: if your pasted link looks like
https://t.maze.co/..., the import will fail.
- Select the flows you’d like to import and click Next.
- You should see a loader showing the import progress. Import may take a few minutes.
- When you reach the success screen, click Close, and return to Maze to continue setting up your test.
Still need help?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let our Support team know — we'll be happy to help!