If you used Sketch to design your prototype, follow the instructions below to import it into Maze.
In this article:
Before you start
- Your Sketch file should contain a Flow AND a Start screen otherwise you won't be able to create a maze.
- For Sketch to recognize your prototype, ensure that you have defined a starting screen by selecting the Use Artboard as Start Point setting.
We don't currently support fixed elements in Sketch. Read more about this before getting started.
How to import a Sketch prototype
To import a Sketch prototype to be tested in your maze's mission blocks:
- Define your starting screen: Select the artboard you intend to use as the starting screen, then ensure that Prototype > Use Artboard as Start Point is selected on the menu.
- Go to your Sketch Cloud account to see the list of your Sketch prototypes.
- Open the Sketch file you want to import.
- Click the Settings gear icon at the top right corner of the page, and select Share... from the drop-down. This will open the share settings for your document.
- Update your sharing settings: Set the sharing settings to Anyone with the link, and click Done to confirm.
- You are now ready to copy your prototype link: Under 'Prototypes', hover over the prototype you want to test, click the More menu (•••), and click Copy link to Prototype with Hotspots.
- Paste your prototype link in Maze: Open your draft maze and paste your Sketch prototype link in the 'Prototype' field. Learn more about setting up missions here: Give users a task with Mission blocks