There are two ways you can have your maze tested: you can share the maze link with your own participants, or hire testers from the Maze Testers Panel.
This article covers recruiting testers from the Maze Testers Panel. If you need some help finding your own testers, please read our definitive guide to recruiting research participants.
In this article:
- Getting started
- Supported languages
- Placing an order
- When to expect results
- Hiring testers with credits
- Current limitations
First, you need to create a maze and send it live. If you need help creating a maze, read our guide to help you get started.
After that, you can easily recruit testers by clicking Hire from our Panel and following the steps to place your order.
This feature is available on all plans.
Recruiting testers starts at $3 per tester for a minimal order of 5 testers, and gets cheaper with volume. If you buy credit bundles in bulk via app.maze.co/credits, you'll be able to purchase the following bundles:
- 50 credits: $3.00 per tester
- 100 credits: $2.85 per tester
- 250 credits: $2.70 per tester
- 500 credits: $2.55 per tester
- 1,000 credits: $2.40 per tester
If you instead buy credits within an individual maze, you can order between 5 and 250 testers in increments of 5, and the price will be discounted as follows:
- 5 - 100 testers: $3.00 per tester
- 105 - 250 testers: $2.85 per tester
If you want to define criteria for your testers, you are able to select between two different ones when placing an order:
- All (free)
- A range of your choosing from 18 to 70
- All (free)
When sourcing testers from us using our hired tester panel, all test participants are English-speaking. If you need to test in another language, you must source your own testers, or use a third-party research panel to source your testers.
Placing an order
To place an order for hired testers:
- Open the live maze you want to test and click the Hire testers from our Panel button.
- Select the number of testers and your desired demographics.
- Click Complete payment. If you have credits in your credit balance, they will be automatically deducted.
- Enter your card details, and click Hire our testers to complete the order.
Soon after, you'll receive an email from us with your Order Confirmation and a link to download your receipt.
You'll receive one more email once your testing is complete.
When to expect results
Results start coming in as soon as your order is placed. Though orders are often fulfilled in hours, please note that we don’t guarantee a particular turnaround time. Every hired tester order stays active for 7 calendar days, unless it’s completed before then.
There are a few factors that can extend the turnaround time:
- Demographic filters may greatly constrain the pool of available testers, and extend the turnaround time accordingly.
- The length of the test can also play a role. Testers know upfront the estimated time it will take to complete the test before accepting. If the test is longer than normal, you’ll see a higher rate of testers abandoning it or not picking it up at all, which also slows down turnaround time.
If you haven't gotten your full tester order after 7 days, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team.
Hiring testers with credits
If you previously bought tester credits, you can use them across all your projects when ordering testers. Learn more about credits.
When completing an order for testers, the equivalent amount of credits will be taken from your credits balance. Any outstanding balance can be paid in credits or directly at checkout.
Reporting a hired tester
When recruiting testers from Maze, the quality of test results you receive is our biggest concern. Our goal is to ensure that you get results quickly and that you can trust the results to confidently make informed decisions based on the data you've collected.
You can help us maintain the quality of our tester panels by reporting a hired tester from within your project's test results if they haven't met our standards. Learn more here: Reporting a Hired Tester
- If you're doing A/B testing, please be aware that we don't currently have a way to prevent testers from taking both tests.
- At the moment, it isn't possible to use Clips with hired testers. To record tester sessions, you must source your own testers.
- It's not possible to have hired testers use the PWA to complete a maze.
Still need help?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let our Support team know — we'll be happy to help!