Maze records every path a tester takes and categorizes them into:
- Direct success: Tester takes the same path you set.
- Indirect success: Tester takes a path that you haven't defined, but ultimately reaches the final screen.
- Give up / bounce: Tester leaves your maze or gives up mission.
If a mission has more than one correct way to be completed, you might want to add different expected paths. Add multiple expected paths for a mission to record all those paths as a direct success.
Before you start
- You need to set a minimum of two screens for each path.
- You can change the start screen of all expected paths before you start selecting the screens.
- The last screen of any path shouldn't be reused during a path. Learn more here.
Adding multiple paths to a mission
You can add multiple paths when you create your missions:
- In your draft maze, add a mission block.
- Write the mission task and an additional description.
- To set a path, navigate through the prototype on the right. You'll see screens appear in the path as you click.
- Click Add path to add more expected paths.
Analyzing paths in your maze report
When you have more than one direct path to complete a mission, you can choose the path you want to analyze in your maze report:
- Open your maze report.
- Go to the relevant mission block.
- Choose the path you want to analyze under Active path or by clicking on the path in the report.