You can use your prototypes from Adobe XD in Maze for testing by installing our plugin and generating a prototype link that can be imported into Maze. This document will walk you through installing the required plugin, generating that link, importing your prototype into Maze, and updating the prototype after you've imported it.
Installing the Maze plugin in Adobe XD
You'll need to install our plugin in Adobe XD to use it with Maze. To do so:
- In Adobe XD, go to Plugins > Browse Plugins... in the top menu to browse their plugin catalog or click the Plugins icon () in the left sidebar and then click the + button.
- Look up "Maze" in the search bar.
- Click the Maze tile to bring up the plugin details.
- Click the Install button to install the Maze plugin for Adobe XD. Click OK in the confirmation modal.
Generating an import link
Once the Maze plugin is installed, you can use it to generate an import link for each of your XD prototypes:
- Open the XD prototype you'd like to import into Maze.
- Go to Plugins > Maze.design in the top menu to open the plugin directly, or click the plugin icon in the left sidebar and then click Maze.
- Click Sync screens with Maze to generate an import link that will look something like
- Click Copy prototype link to copy the link to your clipboard
Importing your prototype into Maze
Once you've generated your prototype link from the plugin in XD, you can import it into Maze:
- Open Maze and follow the steps to create a project.
- Create a new maze inside your project.
- Add a Mission block and paste your Adobe XD prototype link.
Once you've done this, you should have a shiny new XD prototype in Maze that you can use to construct a test.
Updating your prototype after import
If you ever make changes to your XD prototype that you need to push to Maze, you can do so in XD:
- Open the Adobe XD file in question that has changed
- Go to Plugins > Maze.design in the top menu to open the plugin directly, or click the Plugins icon () in the left sidebar and then click Maze.
- Click Resync screens with Maze to refresh the screens.
- Log into Maze and navigate to the project and maze you want to update.
- Click the Refresh my prototype link in the upper right to fetch the changes you just made. Learn more about refreshing your prototype
Learn more in this article: Known limitations of our integration for Adobe XD