Maze Clips are the easiest way to capture short audio, video, and screen recordings of asynchronous user tests, without having to schedule and run live moderated research sessions.
Learn more about Clips
For a deeper dive into Clips, check out the following articles:
- Enabling Clips on a draft maze
- Interacting with tests where Clips are enabled
- Finding Clips data in the results dashboard
- Exporting Clips recordings
- Troubleshooting Clips errors
Who can use this feature
This feature is available for users on the Professional and Organization plans.
- To safeguard testers' personal data, it's not possible to hire panel testers in a maze containing a live website test with Clips enabled. To proceed with that panel order, Maze will deactivate Clips for hired testers in mazes containing website testing blocks. You can still get Clips recordings for your live website tests through alternative share options.
- Clips are only available in prototype tests and website tests. It's not possible to enable Clips for other block types. It's not possible to record the entire maze, as testers go through other block types such as questions or card sorts.
- Screen recording is not currently supported on mobile devices. Learn more
- Transcripts of the recordings aren't currently supported. If you're on the Organization plan, there is a workaround using Maze Interview Studies.