The Zoom integration in Maze makes it easy to import meeting recordings into Interview Studies, where you can transcribe, analyze, and share the insights with your team.
Who can use this feature
- The Zoom integration is an Organization plan feature.
- Any member of the organization can set up the Zoom integration on their own Maze account.
- Your Zoom plan must support cloud recordings.
Before you start
- The Zoom integration can only import cloud recordings. To learn how to enable cloud recordings, please refer to the Zoom documentation. Alternatively, you can always upload your local recordings into Maze manually.
- For security reasons, it’s only possible to import cloud recordings of meetings where you were the host.
- The integration is set up on an individual user level. Every team member who would like to import their recordings will need to authorize Maze on their own Zoom account.
Setting up the Zoom integration
To set up the Zoom integration on your Maze account:
- In the side navigation bar, hover over Settings () and open Personal settings.
- Navigate to the Integrations tab.
- Under 'Zoom', click Connect.
- If needed, sign in to your Zoom account.
- You will see a modal outlining the required permissions. Click Allow to authorize Maze to import your recordings.
You'll also be prompted to follow these steps the first time you try to import recordings to a session.
Importing Zoom recordings into Maze Interviews
Setting up the Zoom integration allows you to effortlessly import your cloud recordings into Maze for analysis.
First, you'll create a new interview study:
- Open the relevant project.
- Inside the project page, click New study.
- Select Create an interview study.
To import your Zoom recordings into Maze:
- On the study page, click Add session.
- Enter the participant details: name, email, company, and role.
- If needed, you can anonymize the participant by clicking the toggle Hide personal data in the report and entering an alias for that participant.
- When you’re ready, click Next.
- Upload recordings for that participant. You can import your recordings manually or through the Zoom integration. You can always go back to the session later to add recordings. To upload recordings from Zoom, click the From Zoom tab, and select the relevant meeting(s).
- Click Save and close to go back to the Interviews page, or Save and create another to continue creating more sessions.
Disconnecting Zoom from Maze
To fully remove the Zoom integration, follow the steps to uninstall an app from Zoom Marketplace:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an administrator.
- In the navigation panel, click Advanced, then App Marketplace.
- On the top right of the page, click Manage.
- On the left side of the page, click Added Apps.
- Click the "Maze" app, then click Remove.
- In the Remove app pop-up window, choose your reason, then click Remove.
Once disconnected, you’ll no longer be able to import Zoom recordings into Maze. Any previously imported recordings will remain in Maze.
Still need help?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let our Support team know — we'll be happy to help!