Ask a Yes/No question when you want a closed-ended answer to your question: "Yes" or "No". Participants can indicate their preference by selecting one answer. With this question type, you can measure preference between two choices.
How to add a Yes/No question
To add a Yes/No question to your test:
- Open your draft maze, or create a new one.
- In the blocks list, click Add block, then select a Yes/No block from the drop-down.
- Type your Question. Optionally, add extra details in the Notes.
- Choose the format of the replies: Icons or Emotions
- If needed, include an image next to your question. Maze supports GIF, PNG, and JPG files. The maximum image size is 5 MB. Learn more about using images alongside your questions
You can see how this block will appear to testers on the right-side Preview panel.
Results & reporting
When viewing results for a Yes/No question, you'll see an aggregated view of all answers. Scroll down to the bottom to see the individual responses.
In the exported CSV file, you'll find the following results data related to this block:
- value: If 'TRUE', that means the tester picked 'Yes'. If 'FALSE', that means the tester picked 'No'.