A Multiple Choice question is a closed-ended question that allows participants to choose from a list of options when answering a question.
You can use the Multiple Choice question to get quantitative data about users' choices. You can also create customized Likert-type scales with the Multiple Choice block.
How to add a Multiple Choice block
To add a Multiple Choice question to your maze:
- Open your draft maze, or create a new one.
- In the blocks list, click Add block, then select a Multiple Choice block from the drop-down.
- Type your Question. Optionally, add extra details in the Notes.
- If needed, show users an image next to the question. Maze supports GIF, PNG, and JPG files. The maximum image size is 1 MB. Learn more about using images alongside your questions
- Write the choices for this question. Press Enter to add a new choice. Toggle Shuffle on to make the choices be listed randomly.
- To allow testers to enter their own custom answer, toggle 'Other' option input on.
- In the 'Type' section, choose the selection you want to allow:
- Multi-select: Allows participants to select multiple answers from the list.
- Single-select: Allows participants to pick only one option.
You can see how this block will appear to testers on the right-side Preview panel.
How to delete a choice from your draft maze
To delete a multiple choice option:
- Use the Backspace key (⌫) to delete the text you've entered.
- Press Backspace (⌫) again and the empty choice text box will be removed.
You'll see this reflected in the preview panel on the right side.
Is it possible to reorder choices?
At the moment, it is not possible to reorder your multiple choice options within the maze builder.
However, as a workaround you can always toggle on Shuffle. When this option is enabled, the choices are presented to testers in a random order.