Card sorting allows you to discover how your users categorize and understand information. It's a great way to understand how your users think about different categories and groupings inside of your design.
Card sorting is useful to:
- Validate how people perceive information on a website or app.
- Understand where users expect certain content to be found.
- Get inspiration for labeling and grouping content.
- Segment how different user groups understand content.
How to create a card sorting block
- Open your draft maze, or create a new one.
- In the draft maze, choose Card Sort from the list of blocks.
- Instructions: You can use the default title and description you see in the preview, or enable Customize instructions to add your own.
- Cards: Type in your card titles (at least 1).
- Categories: Add the categories the cards should be sorted into (at least 2).
- If needed, you can toggle Shuffle on to present cards and/or categories randomly — this might be helpful to reduce bias.