Click heatmaps give you insight into your testers' behavior in your prototype screens.
In this article:
- What are click heatmaps in Maze?
- Aggregated heatmaps vs. tester heatmaps
- Filtering the information on your click heatmaps
What are click heatmaps in Maze?
A click heatmap is a representation of clicks on a particular screen. Maze allows you to see the exact click position of each tester on a screen. Once you're viewing a click heatmap, you can filter the information you see to only display clicks and testers you need.
Aggregated heatmaps vs. tester heatmaps
Maze records aggregated heatmaps, as well as individual tester heatmaps.
- Aggregated heatmaps are recorded for all testers who complete your maze via paths for each mission outcome: direct success, indirect success, or give up/bounce. You can find these heatmaps in your Results dashboard under the Aggregated paths section for any given mission block.
- Tester heatmaps are recorded for each individual tester that completes a mission in your maze. You can view these heatmaps in your Results dashboard under Tester paths in your mission results.
- ⬅ ➡ to go to the previous or next screen/path/tester
- ⬆ ⬇ to move to the prior or next screen in a path or tester heatmap
Filtering the information on your click heatmaps
Filter clicks and testers
Filter the clicks and testers on a click heatmap using the top navigation bar. Click the drop-down and choose to display:
- All or selected clicks from testers: This option allows you to display clicks by the order they were performed by testers. In addition, you can also see how many testers performed every click type.
- All or selected testers: This option allows you to display only the testers you need for review.
Additionally, for every tester, you will also see:
- ID: Tester ID
- Duration: The time the tester spent on the screen.
- Clicks: The number of clicks performed on this screen by the tester.
- Misclicks: The number of misclicks performed on this screen by the tester.
There are three ways to view a click heatmap:
- Heatmap: A graphic representation of clicks on the screen.
- Clicks: Actual click position for each click on the screen.
- Image: A plain image of the screen.
Use Click areas to create particular areas on your heatmap that show the number of clicks, misclicks, and the clicks’ order with the tester ID.
To create a Click area, click and drag on the screen. You may create as many areas as you need. The areas you create will appear on the right side of the screen.
To delete a click area, click Delete in the top right corner of a click area box.
You can save image files of every click heatmap to your device.