Who can edit reports?
All authenticated team members (owner, admins, and editors) can edit the report.
Access the report editing features
To edit the report:
- Open your live maze.
- Open the maze report.
- Click Edit report () on the top right corner of any report slide. This will reveal the editing features.
- Any changes you make will be saved automatically.
- To close the report editing, click Done editing in the top right corner.
What can you edit in a report?
Through report editing, you can:
- Add a custom slide
- Hide/show slides
- Add custom content to each block
- Hide/show the Usability Score for mazes with a mission block
- Show/hide the agreement and similarity matrix in card sorting blocks
- Hide/show Open Question responses
It's not possible to exclude individual test sessions from the report, except by deleting them fully.
Add custom slides
You can also supplement the information in your report with custom slides. These can provide more context about the testing.
For instance, you can use custom slides to include more information about the background and goals of the study, your target audience, a preface to the findings of a particular slide, general conclusions, or any follow-up questions that came up during the research.
To add a custom slide:
- Click Edit report ().
- At the bottom of the slides list, click + Create slide.
- Enter your title and text. If needed, select a section of the text to reveal the rich text editor (available options: Bold, Italic, Strikethrough)
- You can also click and drag the custom slide to reorder it in the list of slides.
Hide/show slides in reports
Sometimes, you may realize that the results from a block don't tell a particularly compelling story. Perhaps you didn't get actionable insights from the responses, or the responses were misleading because of an issue that came up unrelated to the design elements being tested.
Whatever the cause, you might want to hide that block from the report, to avoid confusing the narrative, or distracting from more relevant or impactful results. When you hide a slide, it is only visible during report editing.
To change the visibility of your report slides:
- Click Edit report ().
- Click Hide slide () next to each slide in the list. Hidden slides are only visible during report editing.
- To display a hidden block again, click Show slide ().
Add a custom section
At the beginning of each block, you can include a custom section. This can be useful to highlight key findings and share hypotheses related to that particular block.
To add a section with custom content:
- Select the relevant slide and click Edit report ().
- Enter your custom content in the section at the top. If needed, select a section of the text to reveal the rich text editor (available options: Bold, Italic, Strikethrough)
Hide/show the Usability Score
To change the visibility of the usability score in the report introduction:
- Navigate to the report introduction and click Edit report ().
- Click Hide Usability Score () next to the usability score.
- To show the usability score again, click Show ().
Show/hide the agreement and similarity matrix in card sorting blocks
- Open the card sort slide in your report and Click Edit report ().
- Scroll to the bottom of the page. The agreement and similarity matrixes are hidden by default.
- To make them appear in the report, click Show matrix ().
- To hide them again, click Hide matrix ().
Hide/show Open Question responses in your report
The responses you collect with an Open Question are available for you to see in your report.
Follow these steps to define which quotes should appear in the report:
- Navigate to an Open Question slide and click Edit report ().
- To hide a specific answer, click Hide quote ().
- To show hidden responses in the report, click Show quote ().
- To hide all answers, click Hide all quotes () at the top.
Still need help?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let our Support team know — we'll be happy to help!