Unless your team is part of the live prototype embed closed beta and this feature is enabled, Maze doesn't automatically resync your prototype as you make changes in your prototyping tool.
Instead, you need to refresh your prototype in Maze to fetch the latest changes.
If you've made changes to your prototype outside Maze, you can easily refresh the prototype in your draft maze in one click. This will keep any existing blocks in a draft maze, but will fetch an updated version of the prototype.
How to refresh your prototype
To get the latest version of a prototype in your maze:
- Open the draft maze that contains the prototype to be updated.
- In the prototype preview panel on the right side, click Refresh my prototype. Depending on the size of your prototype, the prototype might take a few seconds to refresh.
In some cases, you might run into an error when refreshing your prototype. There are a few reasons why these errors typically occur:
- There has been a cache or integration issue: Check if the issue persists when opening the page in an incognito/private window or a different browser. If you don't see the error from there, clearing your browser's cache and cookies might help solve the issue.
- The file is too large and fails to load: Please ensure your file is optimized for Maze. Learn more about creating a Maze-ready Figma prototype
- The file is no longer available: Please ensure that the prototype has the correct sharing permissions. Learn more about the supported Figma permissions
If you continue to run into issues after following these steps, please reach out to our Support team.
Still need help?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let our Support team know — we'll be happy to help!