If you use Figma to design and build your prototypes, you can import them into Maze to test your designs with users. Collect actionable design and usability insights to build better products. Simply copy the Figma prototype URL and paste it into Maze to start building your test.
In this article:
- Setting the correct share permissions in Figma
- Importing a Figma prototype into Maze
- Maze settings
- Troubleshooting Figma importing issues
Setting the correct share permissions in Figma
To import a Figma prototype into Maze, you will need to set the permissions for your Figma file and prototype to Anyone with the link can view. Otherwise, the prototype preview will not load and testers won't be able to view your prototype in the test.
It's not currently possible to import password-protected Figma share links into Maze. Before importing, make sure your Figma share links don't have password protection.
File sharing settings
- Open your Figma file.
- Click the Share button at the top right corner.
- Select Anyone with a link can view.
Prototype sharing settings
- In Figma, click the Play icon in the top menu of your Figma file to enter presentation mode.
- Click Share Prototype in the top right corner to create a share URL.
- Set the 'Link Sharing Settings' to Anyone with the link.
Copy the link to your clipboard.
Importing a Figma prototype into Maze
- Open Maze and follow the steps to create a project.
- Create a new maze inside your project.
- To test your Figma prototype, add a Mission block and paste your prototype link.
That's it! You can now start drafting your test with blocks of missions and questions. Happy testing!
Click the Settings icon on the top right corner to access the maze settings.
Troubleshooting Figma issues
When importing and using Figma prototypes, you might run into certain issues. Follow our advice to ensure your prototype works as expected in Maze. Learn more here: Troubleshooting Figma errors
Still need help?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let our Support team know — we'll be happy to help!