Collect actionable design and usability insights to build better products. If you use Figma to design and build your prototypes, you can import them into Maze to test your designs with users. Simply copy the Figma prototype URL and paste it into Maze to start building your test.
In this article:
- Optimizing your files
- Setting the correct share permissions in Figma
- Importing a Figma prototype into Maze
- Maze settings
- Troubleshooting Figma issues
Optimizing your files
To take advantage of the fast and efficient testing provided by Maze, we recommend optimizing your Figma prototype before importing it into Maze. This ensures shorter loading times and decreased payload for testers.
Learn how to create a Maze-ready Figma prototype
Setting the correct permissions in Figma
Generally, Figma requires access to your entire file in order to load the prototype. This means that you must set the permissions for your Figma file and prototype to Anyone with the link can view.
Otherwise, the import will fail. Updating these settings after import will prevent testers from opening the maze.
Learn more about the supported Figma permissions
It's not currently possible to import password-protected Figma share links into Maze.
Before importing, please make sure that your Figma share links don't have password protection. Adding password protection after import will prevent testers from opening the maze.
Importing a Figma prototype into Maze
- Open the maze where you want to use the Figma prototype.
- Add a prototype test block. Learn all about prototype testing in Maze
- Click Add prototype.
- Paste the URL you copied from Figma.
- If you're importing a prototype for the first time, or disconnected Maze from Figma, you'll be prompted to allow access to Figma.
- If needed, click the toggle to use a live version of your prototype.
- When you're ready, click Import.
- Add other block types to your test as needed — e.g. to include any follow-up questions. Learn about all types of blocks you can use in Maze
Click the Settings icon () on the top right corner to access the maze settings — e.g. prototype scale, password protection.
Troubleshooting Figma issues
When importing and using Figma prototypes, you might run into certain issues. Follow our advice to ensure your prototype works as expected in Maze.
Learn more about troubleshooting Figma errors
Still need help?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let our Support team know — we'll be happy to help!