Maze Clips are the easiest way to capture audio, video, and/or screen recordings of asynchronous user tests, without having to schedule and run live moderated research sessions.
This article walks you through the steps to find your Clips recordings in your Results dashboard. In this article:
Viewing Clips recordings
To see the recordings of your user tests:
- Open your maze's Results dashboard.
- Click a mission block where you've enabled Clips.
- Hover over a path and click Watch path clips to review the recordings.
- Under 'Tester paths', you will also see an indication of whether there are any Clip recordings associated with each tester.
Viewing recordings from mobile users
When viewing the results for testers on mobile, we display the screens in the path taken by the tester. You will not see the actual interactions. This is not a true screen recording, since those are not supported.
In such cases, you will see the following messaging on the Results page:
Tester screen is being simulated
This tester was on mobile. Prototype screens are being displayed without interactions.
When viewing your Clips results, you might see certain errors or warnings. Check out each of those errors to understand what is causing the issue, and what you can do to address it.
Results and exporting
- Why am I seeing a “Video file not supported by current browser” error?
- Why am I seeing a "Tester screen is being simulated" warning next to my Clips recordings?
- Why can’t I download certain Clips recordings?
Still need help?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let our Support team know — we'll be happy to help!