Maze Clips are the easiest way to capture audio, video, and screen recordings of asynchronous user tests, without having to schedule and run live moderated research sessions.
It is possible to view and export individual Clips recordings from the results page. However, please note that the Download option will not be present for users who took the test on a mobile device, or who did not enable recording permissions.
In such cases, we display the screens in the path taken by the tester, rather than the actual interactions. Because this is not a true screen recording, it is not available for export.
- Clips recorded in Safari download to .mp4 format.
- Clips recorded in Chrome, Firefox, or Edge download to .webm format.
To download a Clips recording:
- Open the Results. Learn more about the results dashboard
- Under 'Mission paths', click Watch path clips.
- Select a tester.
- Click the Download icon () in the video player.
You also find this option when viewing results for each individual tester:
- Under 'Tester paths'
- Under the Testers tab
When viewing your Clips results, you might see certain errors or warnings. Check out each of those errors to understand what is causing the issue, and what you can do to address it.
- Why am I seeing a “Video file not supported by current browser” error?
- Why am I seeing a "Tester screen is being simulated" warning next to my Clips recordings?
- Why can’t I download certain Clips recordings?
Still need help?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let our Support team know — we'll be happy to help!