Add, edit, and manage filterable tags in your Reach database to make navigating your database easier and more efficient. Tags allow you to easily identify and organize your contacts.
Create a tag
To use tags, you'll need to create a new column that uses tags as the field type. Here's how you do it:
- Open your Reach database.
- Scroll all the way to the right and click the + icon (Add new column).
- Write the name and click Choose column type and pick Select or Multi-select.
- The new column will appear at the end of your database fields, before the Maze metrics columns.
Hover over the column name to reveal the More (•••) menu. You can rename the column, hide it, edit the tags, or permanently delete it.
To add tags to the column:
- Hover over the column name to reveal the More (•••) menu.
- Click Edit tags.
- Click + Add tag.
- Add the name of the tag, and pick an optional color. To save, click Add.
- Once you’re ready, click Save changes and confirm by clicking Save all changes. You can come back to the tag manager at any time to add more tags, and rename or delete existing ones.
- You can now apply the newly-created tags to your participants.
Use tags to filter participants
Tags allow you to filter and segment your participants. To do so:
- Click Filters.
- If you select a column with tags, they’ll be listed as options for your filter.
- Click Apply to apply the filter.
Once you've applied a filter, you can save it as a segment. Learn more