Reach is Maze's tester management tool. You can use it to build and manage a database of testers, create segments, and send targeted campaigns with Mazes.
This article will walk you through how to add contacts to Reach:
- Add participants to Reach
- Supported field types during CSV import
- Import additional contacts & edit your database
- Users on the Professional plan (legacy) and the Team plan can add up to 2000 participants.
- Organization plan users can add up to 1 million database participants. Each import file must not exceed 20.000 participants at a time.
How to add participants to Reach
To add contacts to your Reach database, click the Add participants button.
Manually add a participant
Click Manually add to add a one-off participant.
Enter their email and any other details, and click Add participant to save the new participant.
Upload a CSV with your contacts
Before you start, you'll need a CSV with your contacts:
- If you already have your contacts in other systems, such as Google Sheets or Mailchimp, you can export a CSV file from there. Learn more
- Alternatively, if you don't have the desired list of contacts within a third-party tool yet, you'll need to manually source the emails and other relevant information. Learn more
Once you have your CSV, you can import it into Reach. Here's how you do it:
- Log in to your Maze account and ensure you have selected the relevant team.
- In the navigation panel on the left side, open the Tester database ()
- Click Add participants.
- Select the file to upload, and click Open.
- Select which columns in the CSV to import using the checkboxes, and match them with the appropriate Reach field type.
- Once you're done, click Review import to see a preview of the imported data.
- If everything looks good, click Continue to confirm the submission.
- You'll be taken back to the database, where you'll see all testers already imported into Maze. Click each entry to open the participant profile. Here you can see more information, edit details, and delete that individual participant. Learn more about editing your Reach database
Supported field types during CSV import
Supported field types include:
- Date with time
Import additional contacts & edit your database
After the initial import, repeat the steps to import a new CSV file to perform the following bulk/mass actions:
- Add more participants in bulk
- Add new columns to your database
- Edit participants in bulk
Still need help?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let our Support team know — we'll be happy to help!