Reach is Maze's tester management tool. You can use it to build and manage a database of testers, create segments, and send targeted campaigns with Mazes.
Once you've added your contacts, you can edit your database.
In this article:
- How to edit participant data in Reach
- How to add new columns to your database
- How to edit columns in your database
- How to delete participants from Reach
How to edit participant data in Reach
To edit existing participants in bulk, import a new CSV file with the updated data.
Before confirming the import, you will review the changes. The existing participants will appear with a yellow background; the new values appear highlighted in green.
Click the Show changes checkbox to see only the rows with updated values.
To edit the details of an individual participant in Reach:
- Click their corresponding row in the database to open the 'Participant profile' modal.
- Under 'Details', click the Edit icon ().
- Update the details and, when you're done, click Save changes.
How to add new columns to your database
To add a new column directly to your database:
- Scroll all the way to the right and click the + icon (Add new column).
- Add a name for the column and choose the column type: Select, Multi-select, Text, Numeric, Boolean, Date with time, or Date.
- When you're ready, click Create.
- The new column will appear at the end of your database fields, before the Maze metrics columns.
If an imported CSV has extra columns, you'll have to either map them to an existing database column or add a new column into the database.
To do so, select the option + Add new field from the dropdown and select the field type (Text, Numeric, Boolean, Date with time, or Date).
How to edit columns in your database
Hover over each column header to reveal the More (•••) menu. Click the menu to:
- Rename the column
- Hide the column from view
- Delete the column from the database
- If you've added tags, you can also manage them from this menu
Toggle the visibility of your columns
To quickly hide or show columns, click Fields ().
Use this menu to hide/show custom fields (e.g., name, ID, etc.) and maze metrics (e.g., completion rate, average response time).
How to delete participants from Reach
Deleting a participant will permanently remove their profile in Reach, as well as their maze results records.
Still need help?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let our Support team know — we'll be happy to help!