Reach is Maze's tester management tool. You can use it to build and manage a database of testers, create segments, and send targeted campaigns with Mazes.
Once you've added your contacts, you can make changes to your database.
In this article:
- Edit participant data in Reach
- Add new columns to your Reach database
- Edit columns in your Reach database
- Delete participants from Reach
How to edit participant data in Reach
To edit existing participants in bulk, import a new CSV file with the updated data.
Before confirming the import, you will have the opportunity to review the changes. The existing participants will appear with a yellow background, and the new values will be highlighted in green.
To edit the details of an individual participant in Reach:
- Click their corresponding row in the database to open the 'Participant profile' modal.
- Under 'Details', click the Edit icon ().
- Update the details and, when you're done, click Save changes.
How to add new columns to your database
To add a new column directly in your database:
- Scroll all the way to the right and click the + icon (Add new column).
- Add a name for the column and choose the column type: Select, Multi-select, Text, Numeric, Boolean, Date with time, or Date.
- When you're ready, click Create.
- The new column will appear at the end of your database fields, before the Maze metrics columns.
If an uploaded CSV contains additional columns, you'll be prompted to map that CSV column to an existing database column or, alternatively, add a new column to the database.
To do so, select the option + Add new field from the dropdown and select the field type (Text, Numeric, Boolean, Date with time, or Date).
How to edit columns in your database
Hover over each column header to reveal the More (•••) menu. Click the menu to:
- Rename the column
- Hide the column from view
- Delete the column from the database
- If you've added tags, you can also manage them from this menu
Toggle the visibility of your columns
To quickly hide or show columns, click Fields ().
In this menu, you can select and deselect your custom fields (e.g., name, ID, etc.) and maze metrics (e.g., completion rate, average response time) both globally and individually.
How to delete participants from Reach
Deleting a participant will permanently remove their profile in Reach, as well as their maze results records. Learn how to remove participants from your Reach database
Still need help?
If you have any questions or concerns, please let our Support team know — we'll be happy to help!