A 5-Second test allows you to add a static image to present to your testers.
The 5-Second test gauges user recall. It helps you understand what information users take away, and what impressions they get within the first seconds of viewing a design.
When should I use a 5-Second Test block?
5-Second tests are suitable for determining the user's first impressions. A 5-Second test can help determine if your design is effectively communicating its primary message.
Questions can include:
- What is the purpose of the page?
- What are the main elements you can recall?
- Who do you think the intended audience is?
- Did the design/brand appear trustworthy?
- What was your impression of the design?
Adding a 5-Second testing block
To add a 5-second test:
- In the blocks list of your draft maze, click Add block.
- Select a 5-Second Test block from the drop-down.
- Instructions: You can use the default title and description you see in the preview, or enable Customize instructions to add your own.
- Image: Upload a local JPG, PNG, or GIF file. The maximum image size is 1 MB. Learn more about uploading images to blocks
- Duration: Define how long testers will view the image. This ranges from 5 to 20 seconds.
- Follow-up question: Remember to add a follow-up question to collect your users' impressions about the image they just saw.