Maze Clips are the easiest way to capture audio, video, and screen recordings of asynchronous user tests, without having to schedule and run live moderated research sessions.
This article walks you through the steps to enable Clips recordings on a maze.
Who can use this feature
This feature is available for users on the Professional and Organization plans.
Enable user recordings on a mission
To enable Clips on a maze:
- Open your draft maze.
- Add a prototype test or a website block. Note that it's not possible to enable Clips for other block types.
- At the bottom of the block setup form, you will see a 'Clips' section. Click the toggle to enable video and screen recordings.
Enabling/disabling Clips in one mission block will enable/disable Clips across all mission blocks in the maze.
- To safeguard testers' personal data, it's not possible to hire panel testers in a maze containing a live website test with Clips enabled. To proceed with that panel order, Maze will deactivate Clips for hired testers in mazes containing website testing blocks. You can still get Clips recordings for your live website tests through alternative share options.
- Clips are only available in prototype tests and website tests. It's not possible to enable Clips for other block types. It's not possible to record the entire maze, as testers go through other block types such as questions or card sorts.
- Screen recording is not currently supported on mobile devices. Learn more
- Transcripts of the recordings aren't currently supported. If you're on the Organization plan, there is a workaround using Maze Interview Studies.