When reviewing your results, it's often helpful to refine the data you're seeing to help you answer specific questions.
Filters allow you to narrow down your results data based on responses to specific blocks.
When you apply a filter, you view only the tester responses that fall under the criteria you've defined. For instance, you can use filters to view only tests with a "Yes" answer to a specific Yes/No block.
- Filters work at the user level, not at the team level. That means that a filter is only visible to the individual user who applied it.
- Applied filters can't be saved for later. Refreshing or moving away from the page will remove any applied filters.
To apply a filter to your results:
- Open your Results dashboard.
- At the bottom of the list of blocks, click Add filters.
- To start filtering the data, select a block in the Where field.
- Each block will give you different options for filtering by answer/outcome.
- To select an additional block, click + And. This will create an AND condition (not OR) for your filter.
- When you're ready to view the filtered results, click Save filters.
To remove a filter you've previously applied:
- At the bottom of the list of blocks, click Edit filters.
- Click Delete (x) next to the selected block.
- Click Save filters.
The available filter options will depend on the selected block type.
Mission block filters allow you to filter by the outcome — i.e. whether the tester:
- gave up
- succeded directly
- succeded indirectly
- took a specific path — and if so, which one(s)
Yes/No block filters allow you to see only responses from testers who selected either "Yes" or "No" to a specific question.
Opinion Scale block filters allow you to filter responses within a range — e.g. only see responses from testers who answered between 1 and 2.
Multiple Choice block filters allow you to filter either by a single choice, or by a combination of choices.
Open Question block filters give you the option to filter responses that either contain, are exactly, or do not contain a specific text string.